Linksys Router Setup with Phone: The Last-Minute Guide
The most commonly used gadgets in the world are mobile phones. Every other kid in the country can be seen using a cellphone for educational or entertainment purposes. With these statements, it is not a secret that mobile phones require an active internet connection to facilitate the user with unlimited internet browsing and other online services. That is why it is important to have a WiFi router installed in the house so that every cellphone can connect to the internet without any problem. This blog will particularly discuss the steps to set up a Linksys router and that too with the help of an easy-to-use gadget i.e. your mobile. So, can we start our guide explaining the instructions to complete Linksys router setup with phone?
The Last Minute Checkpoints: Linksys Router Setup
We will start the Linksys router smart setup steps in a few minutes. But, before that, we would like to shed some light on the last-minute checkpoints so that the process can be completed smoothly. Here’s what to do:
- Ensure that you have an active internet connection.
- Check the battery percentage of your mobile phone. It must be more than 70%.
- Your host modem’s LAN1 port must be working. If not, then ask your ISP to open the port.
Once you are assured of the aforementioned checkpoints, you can move to the next section to learn about the instructions to do Linksys router setup with phone. Apart from these points, you need to verify that the mobile phone you are using is flaunting the latest software version for seamless setup.
How to Complete Linksys Router Setup with Phone?
We are assuming that your home network is powered down right now and you’ve just unpacked your WiFi router. So, the steps mentioned below will teach you about the setup process from scratch:
- Get your hands on a working RJ45 cable and use it for joining the LAN1 port of the modem to your Linksys wireless router’s Internet port.
- Once the connection thing is done, you should switch on the modem.
- The next turn is of the router. But, you must power it up only after ensuring that the modem’s lights have become stable.
- Unlock your mobile phone and connect it to the network name of Linksys router.
- The default network name and SSID are mentioned on the router’s label.
- After that, you are supposed to load Google Play Store (Android only).
- Search for the Linksys mobile application and download it.
- Be very sure that you download the app from a genuine source.
- Once the app gets downloaded, launch it.
- From there, you have to tap the option labeled “Launch Setup”.
- You will be asked to give a WiFi name and network key to your Linksys router network.
- Walk through the on-screen prompts to complete the Linksys router setup with phone.
What You Can Do after Linksys Router Setup with Phone?
The Linksys mobile application is not only about setting up the WiFi router. You can view or make changes to the settings of your smart WiFi router with the app rom anywhere. This is to inform you that the app works perfectly when you are using an iOS 11.4 and later. However, your Android should run on 6.0 version or later. Here are the settings that can be altered along with the Linksys router login details with the help of the mobile app:
- Change the WiFi SSID and network key
- Set up a guest network
- Connect WPS devices
- Use Parental Controls to block internet access to several devices
- Internet speed can be checked too
The process of Linksys router setup with phone is one of the easiest tasks to do. This is because it does not require you to get involved in the hassle of accessing the login IP or URL. Also, during the manual method, you have to go through every instruction very carefully and the process seems lengthy. But, Linksys app itself will take you to the tour to the setup process in a few simple instructions.
Now, we are about to wrap up the post explaining that will help you complete the setup process of the router via a mobile phone. After the setup process, do not forget to make changes to a few settings that we’ve mentioned above. And yes, firmware updates are important. So, have a nudge on them. Get your router equipped with the latest firmware version as soon as it gets rolled out. Make changes to the network settings of the router every 3 months to prevent security breaches.