Linksys Router Login Using Myrouter.local
Struggling with Linksys router login using myrouter.local or Linksys router login IP address? We hope you are using the correct method to log in and are not making any mistakes. For your assistance, we have provided the correct login instructions on this page. You can verify if this is what you are doing to access the login page of your Linksys WiFi router.Apart from this, we have also addressed myrouter.local login issues on this page.
How to Access myrouter.local Login Page?
- Bring the Linksys router to the same room where the modem is placed.
- Make an Ethernet connection between the devices.
- Use the internet port on the router to connect the Ethernet cable.
- Power up the modem.
- Also, power up the Linksys router.
- Turn on your computer and open an internet browser.
- In the address bar, type myrouter.local or Linksys router login IP 192.168.1.1.
- Press Enter.
- On the login window, input the router login credentials.
Note: Use the default login Password admin if your router is running on factory settings. On the other hand, if you have customized the password, then use the changed one.
- Click Login.
You are now accessing the Linksys router login page on a web browser.
Have you verified the login process? Are you still facing the issues and can’t log in? Try the troubleshooting hacks given in the next section.
Reasons: Linksys Router Login Not Working
Solution for myrouter.local Not Working Issue
Fix 1: Begin by rebooting the router by powering it off and turning it on after some time.
Fix 2: If you still can’t login, then reboot the entire home network. Power off the modem as well as the router. Wait for 5 minutes. Turn the modem on first and then the router.
Fix 3: Check the network that your computer is connected to. It must be connected to the Linksys router WiFi. You can also connect the computer and router using an Ethernet cable.
Fix 4: Verify all the cables and wires connected to the modem, router, and computer. If any of the cablesis damaged then get it replaced. Also, fix any loose connections.
Fix 5: Update the internet browser that you are using to access myrouter.local login page. Also clean the cache.
Fix 6: Ensure to type the login web address without any typing mistakes. The same is with the admin password. Make no typos.
We are sure that these hacks will help you in fixing Linksys router login issues easily. After you reach the admin dashboard of your router by logging in, you can make changes to the settings like changing the WiFi name and password, admin password, enabling guest network or parental controls and much more.
How to Change Linksys Myrouter.local Admin Password?
The default admin password is admin. It is recommended to change the default password. Using the default password makes your WiFi prone to various vulnerabilities. To have a more secure network, change the admin password using the instructions given below:
- Launch a browser on a computer that is connected to the Linksys router’s network.
- Type myrouter.local or Linksys router IP address 192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
- On the login window, type the default admin password and log in.
- Click on Administration > Admin Password.
- Enter the new admin password twice in the given fields.
- Click on Save Settings button and click on Continue.
- You will be prompted to log in again using the updated admin password.
- Do the same and you are done.
Furthermore, you can also change the WiFi name (SSID) and password from the settings. Use these instructions if you want to modify WiFi settings:
Change Linksys Router WiFi Name
- Log in to your Linksys router web interface on a browser.
- Click Configuration.
- Next, click WiFi.
- Here, you need to change network names for both wireless bands ie 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
- Click on Save button to save the settings.
Change WiFi Password
- Do the login.
- Go to Configuration tab.
- Click WiFi.
- Next, click on Wireless Security.
- Enter new WiFi passwords for both wireless bands and click Save.
This is how you can change various settings of Linksys router using myrouter.local.
This is all about Linksys router login and resolving any issues related to myrouter.local login page. You can at any time use the information provided on this web page whenever you feel stuck.